Dec 7, 2017

UFOs for 2018 part 1

Judy over at Patchwork Times is hosting UFO 2018, where we choose 12 unfinished projects for the year, and then each month we will work on finishing up one of the projects.  So this post will be the start of my list for that campaign.  I am numbering them randomly, as I find photos of them to post.

#1  EPP party quilt

This quilt was part of a big online quiltalong, all English paper pieced blocks, sewn by hand. I think I have 2 out of 12 done.  

#2  Amy Shawl by Romi Hill


I started this shawl in 2014.  I "only" have to knit on the rest of the lace border.

#3  Bedroom quilt

 The blocks for this quilt were pieced eons ago as part of a class I took on the Stack and Whack method.  It was originally intended as a bedspread sized quilt, but now I want to make it a throw.  I need to finish sewing the top together and quilt it.

#4  Lost in Time shawl

I crocheted this shawl in August as part of Camp Loopy, but I have decided I want it to be much bigger.  I will order more yarn and continue on the pattern.  I think I will add the border this time as well.

#5  Project Linus Quilt

I pieced these rail fence blocks from precuts some time ago, I have it clipped together in rows.  I need to sew them together and quilt and bind the quilt.  I am not sure what I planned to back this with.

#6  Swirl Shawl



I started this shawl in 2011.  It involves counting to the extreme,  so is not very portable at all.  I think that is why it is not done.  

I will compile part 2 in the next few days.  I need to take some photos.


1 comment:

Carolyn said...

I should probably join Judy's UFO challenge, I have so many that I could add to the list! I'm glad to see you looking at your projects again...it's a start! Although, I think I would take those swirly blocks and turn them into a table mat or tea cozy, I'm horrible at keeping track of patterns. That's why my production has slowed to nothing in the past few years, with all the meds I'm on for postherpetic and trigeminal neuralgia and now medical marijuana, my memory is all but gone...even on the hitchhiker scarf I'm knitting I have to check each and every line of the pattern before I knit it. So frustrating! Good luck with your UFOs!