Dec 16, 2017

UFOs for 2018 Part 2

Here are projects 7-12 for my UFO 2018 list:

#7 Cumulative Action Blanket


This is a blanket I am making using my leftover sock yarns.  I started it in 2012.

#8  Scrappy Trip Around the World Quilt

Some years ago I cut strips from all of the fabrics that were in my sewing area and started on a trip around the world quilt.  This is a really fun quilt and I love scrappy things.

#9  Blue Shawl




This is a lovely shawl that I didn't enter in Ravelry, so I hope I can figure out what pattern I am knitting!  Anyway, I am using a lovely gradient set of yarn and beautiful beads, and it will go nicely with a blue capsule wardrobe I've been working on.


#10  Round Robin Quilt



Many moons ago, three quilting friends and I made round robin quilts.  We each made a center square and then passed them along for the next person to add a border.  I have a quilt hanging in my living room that has probably been there at least 20 years, and I'd love to get the round robin quilt finished and hang it in that place.

#11  Prayer shawl

A friend sent me a book about prayer shawls, and I started knitting one with some long color change yarn I found at JoAnn's, using various stitches from a stitch dictionary.

#12  Mojo quilt

I pieced this quilt top as part of a quiltalong online, I think it was called Something New Sampler.  Anyway it was a way for me to try to get my sewing mojo back when I was in a funk.  I want to experiment with colorful threads and some awesome free motion filler designs on all that white.

So those are my current choices of project for the UFO 2018 campaign.  IF I happen to finish up something ahead of schedule, I have other projects in the wings that I can substitute.  There is a list in the notes on my phone in case I wonder later what I was thinking.



No comments: