Oct 30, 2009

Flashback Friday

Taking inspiration from Chistopher and Tia , I am posting a Halloween flashback. I don't have any photos of me as a kid at Halloween- my dad was the photographer and I guess got home after we had left to trick or treat. He was really much more of a posed portrait kind of guy than a snapshot taker anyway.

Anyway, back when I first became a mom, I remembered that I had as a very little kid worn cool costumes made by my mom. So to me that meant that mom's made costumes. So here are some of my attempts:
This was a Dalmatian costume I made, and I had actually made it for him the year before, and he refused to even try it on that year!
This was my first Halloween with 2 kids, and I guess by then had gotten over my overachiever tendencies, because the Power Ranger costume was store bought, and my younger son is wearing the clown suit I made for his brother's first Halloween.



This was the year my boys were Batman and Robin! I have no photos of them together, because Robin was deathly afraid of Batman. The Batman suit was homemade from a pattern, the Robin suit was storebought. I think this was the last costume I ever made from scratch using a pattern, after this I discovered the joys of doctoring premade clothes with paint or sewn on appliques (the elaborate Elvis costume made from a white sweatsuit is a story for another day!). I think the year after the Batman suit, the boy requested a Superman suit he saw at KMart that had "the muscles already in it".

3 comments:

Tia Colleen said...

Awww, you made those? So special. I think my mom made an Angel costume for me once, the only time she ever sewed clothing for me. So funny that Robin was afraid of Batman, haha.

This Little Bird said...

These are so so cute. Your sons are lucky to have a mom like you. Thanks for sharing your flashback friday :)

storybeader said...

nice that you have the snapshots. These are something you need to keep for posterity! Like the dalmatian outfit! {:-D