I am in the midst of a major decluttering/reorganizing project in my bedroom. My bedroom is also my craft room. This project has been ongoing for months, but became more accelerated at the end of February when I bought my new friend Sergio home.
I also finished my Easter (2017) dress. I started it for last Easter. I redrew the neckline to match some embroidery I was using at the neckline, with no thought to the fact my neck still needed to fit the neckline, which of course it didn't. I threw the dress aside, and then it turned out we stayed home last Easter anyway, because my husband Bob was not up to going anywhere. I resurrected the dress recently. I recut the neckline, chopping off the embroidery. I redid the embroidery once I had a neckline that fit well. I used bias binding in place of the ruined facings. I definitely needed a refresher on order of assembly: for some reason I left installing the zipper until last, and that was not a good idea at all! Since my return to sewing, my husband had been my helper to mark my hems for me. For this dress I tried a new gadget I bought that one can use to shoot chalk along a line around the level of your dress where the hem should go. It worked like a charm on the front, I think getting the markings on the back will take some practice.
Yesterday I made a t-shirt! I used my old tried and true pattern and the remainder of a big piece of grey knit I bought years ago at the Goodville Fabric Outlet (now Zincks). I wanted to try out the heat transfer vinyl and my Cricut machine to make a graphic T.