Nov 13, 2009

Flashback Friday- The Veteran's Day Edition

I know Veteran's Day is past, but I wanted to concentrate on it for my flashback Friday post. Here is a photo of my Granddad in his Army uniform- he served in France (I think) in World War I.
Here he is (on the left), on Memorial Day 1968. He was very active in the American Legion (VFW? I will have to look this up.) This is the Granddad I remember- I was 6 years old that year and still little enough to sit on his lap when we would go visit him. I had other girl cousins, but they lived far away, so I got to be the princess.He had a stroke and passed away when I was in 7th grade. Thank you, Granddad, and to all the others who went away to fight for the rest of us.

3 comments:

Devon said...

Thanks for sharing these! It is definitely a nice reminder of our Freedom!

Alyssa S. said...

What a beautiful flashback. It's important to remember the fine men like your grandfather who served this country. The WWII picture is fantastic!

Crafty Mama said...

How touching- I love looking at old pictures of soldiers.