Dec 19, 2012

WIP Wednesday-Dec 19, 2012

IMG_0802.jpg by magscrafts
IMG_0802.jpg, a photo by magscrafts on Flickr.
It's Wednesday, and Christmas is less than a week away. I don't want to give too much away, but let's just say that this project should be much further along than just a pile of labelled rectangles.

I will say I am layering these rectangles and machine quilting them. I have not used my walking foot in ages, and I am enjoying the zen of quilting a simple grid on smooth cotton fabrics. Also, I bought my first spool of Aurifil and WOW! I think I am hooked. I keep trying to convince myself that thread is thread, but whenever I try a "good" thread I notice a real difference.

I'll post more photos of a recognizable object this time next week! In the meantime, check out WIP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced.

1 comment:

Kirsty said...

Good luck with your rectangles!