Feb 27, 2013

WIP Wednesday Feb 27, 2013

I am super excited to be sewing along with Echinops and Aster on the Honeycomb Stitchalong.  We are making a pillow, with a lot of different hand sewing techniques involved.

I bought this beautiful kit to make mine:

The lovely bright colors are making me so happy to work with them.  I love the little thread sampler I got.

Today was all about cutting- I cut some pieces for step one of my Honeycomb:
These will get made into hexagons soon using English Paper piecing.

Then I sorted a box of fabric stash and cut strips from most of the things in the box to add to my Scrappy Trip Around the World quilt.

I am linking up with Lee over at Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday>

3 comments:

Mareenchen said...

Have tons of fun with the project. I love pretty much everything that Jenelle does and hand sewing is so much fun!

Anonymous said...

English Paper Piecing--takes some stick-to-it genes!

Budsmam said...

Those are such beautiful colours, I look forward to seeing more of this project