Jun 17, 2013

A Few Finishes

I often have bouts of major startitis.  I know I have a few big projects to start in the next week, so I decided today would be about finishes.

Last night I finished 2 knitting projects- First, my June Camp Loopy project:

The pattern is called Cashsilk Fern Scarf, and the amazing yarn is Sweet Georgia Cashsilk in a color called Berry Tart.

Then I finished my June hat for the Hats for Sailors group:

The pattern is Antler Hat by tncanknits.  The yarn is Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Superwash in a color called Pecan Toffee.  Love this color a lot by the way.

Then I put the binding on my first quilt for Project Linus-
Now I just need to sew down the binding by hand and it will be finished. I have used some of these fabrics in 2 or 3 quilts already (3 nephews got blue or red white and blue quilts).  I even have a tote bag in the blue bird print that is center on this photo. I still had almost 3 yards of the patriotic print I used for the binding, so I decided to use it for some pillowcases. Here are the pieces I cut, I will sew them this afternoon:

I will be sending these three and I hope at least 3 more yet to be planned,  over to Rhonda for the Mary Bridge pillowcase project.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

The scarf is beautiful and I can't believe how quickly you finished the hat! I recently made a hat and it took me months. I really hate that working gets in the way of my quilting/knitting plans!