Nov 18, 2013

The Wardrobe Project- Winter 6PAC

Over on the Stitcher's Guild Sewing forum, there are many opportunities to sew a coordinating wardrobe along with other members.  This month and next, I will be working on a winter 6PAC, a small capsule wardrobe.  I am using this 6PAC to  work on altering some new patterns, which I will then use in my larger wardrobe project, the SWAP.  SWAP stands for sewing with a plan, and that one includes 11 pieces.  I will discuss that plan in a future  post.

Here is the planning board I made over on Corkulous (a really nice app).  I will add photos of some of the fabrics I plan on using when I get a chance.  At the moment, my 6PAC shows 7 pieces- I have a feeling the fitted pants will be slashed from the plan very soon.

Since I am testing out the patterns, I don't want to buy too many fabrics for this, so my capsule might not be as coordinated as I would like, but everything  should at least go with something I already own, so there will be no orphans.

1 comment:

weaverpat said...

Maggie, I love that idea!
Always have wanted to sew a coordinating wardrobe but usually quit after trying to work on a pattern that needed too much modification.
Are some of the pieces Connie Crawford designs? She is great for plus sized women.

Good luck! Can't wait to see the fabrics.