Oct 2, 2008

Fall Festival Report

Well, if a picture is worth a thousand words, this one says it all! Wow! The Bowie Fall Festival was so rainy! Periodically the skies would just open up and dump huge amounts of water on us.

Luckily, I was up on the porch of the Shops at Fabian House, so I was mostly dry. There was a big leak in the roof right behind me, but the drips managed to miss me even when they turned into a steady stream. It was funny how many people said "My grandparents had a house with a porch just like this, and theirs leaked too!" It became almost a point of nostalgia and for a moment no one minded the fact we were all getting wet. Kids stomped in puddles and we all wondered why kids so rarely do that anymore.

I felt sorry for the guys who had brought their antique cars over- you can see them in the picture across the street. Especially the dude with the convertible. The first storm took him (and all of us!) by surprise, so nice people held their umbrellas over the car until he could close his window flaps.

I did not have a lot of sales, which was not a huge surprise based on the economic climate lately and the wonderful weather. I had a great day though, visiting with the people at the festival. I had a lovely bowl of lentil soup for lunch from the cafe and a Heath crunch cookie. It doesn't get any better than that!

2 comments:

Lenox Knits said...

What a great positive attitude. I'm glad you had a good day even without the sales.

Signe said...

Too bad about the rain, but sometimes it's those less-than-perfect trips that we talk about for years.