Dec 27, 2009

Happy Holidays


Here's hoping you and yours had a great holiday and are looking forward to a happy New Year! As you can see from this photo, we had a lovely white Christmas here in Maryland. (My guys might not have been loving the snow while they were busy digging out the cars, I imagine!) It was sort of nice to be snowed in for a little while, we were forced to spend time together and not worry about our normal daily stresses.




On a sad note, one week ago my wonderful kitty Gracie died rather suddenly. She was a very sweet quiet girl and I will miss her very much. She was my very first cat. We got her from an adoption at Petsmart- her mother had been abused and she was the only survivor of her litter. She loved boxes, catnip toys, racing up and down the stairs, and using her litter box whenever Dad was eating. R.I.P. Gracie, August 2001-December 2009.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm very sorry for your loss! I'm sure, even though these kinds of things are terribly hard, you have to know that no matter how brief her days on earth were you gave her the opportunity to have a good life and feel loved.

storybeader said...

sorry to hear about your loss. Losing a part of the family can be so hard. {:-Deb

JD at I Do Things said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Gracie looks like a beautiful little sweetheart. I hope you're doing okay.

Jaya said...

I'm very sorry for your loss. It's good that you and Gracie had each other to love.

Rose Clearfield said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your kitty. :( May she rest in peace.

Tara Beaulieu said...

Awww, Maggie! I just saw this, so sorry about Gracie- I know how much you loved her and she was such a pretty kitty! HUGS to you!

Unknown said...

'm sorry to her about the loss of your dear Gracie. I know losing someone you love is painful, hang in there. gracie knows she is loved.