Oct 3, 2012

The Intrepid Knitter-Sweater Surgery #2

Some time back I posted about fixing the sleeves on my first ever sweater. Sweater knitting, especially for those of us who are plus sized, is a process where you learn some lessons with each project about fit and what works for you, and then you incorporate those lessons into the next project. I went to a meetup with some knitting friends, and I modeled my sweaters so far. My main concern was the fit of my Radiate:

I was not happy with how hue the neckline was and how it hung on my shoulders.  My friends suggested that I rip out the neck and knit it up further and add at least one more round of decreases.  So that is what I did.  It was a little hairy, I think because it had originally been knit top down, so it did not really want to unravel from the top.

Now I am much much happier with my sweater:

No comments: