Mar 25, 2013

Hey I Thought This Yarn Would Pool!

So I decided to knit along with Judy at Patchwork Times for her Pooling Sock Challenge.  If you don't know about pooling, when a knitter uses multicolored yarn, sometimes multiple rows of one color stack up and create a "pool" of color.  It can look pretty funky.

I dug out this lovely skein that I had been avoiding, because I was so positive it would pool.

I was positive I would end up with a big yellow blob down my leg.

I pulled out a cute but super easy pattern I had bought to aid Hurricane Sandy relief.  The pattern is called Oh So Beautiful Socks b Judy Sumner.

Here's my start:
No pooling! Not one bit.  I think maybe the yellow is too short to pool.  I love this sock so much though, I guess I am going to continue even though it is not pooling.

edited to add a photo of my yarn with a calendar for proof of cast on:



Also, last night I started this adorable premie hat.

These will be my carry around project and I will see how many I can make in April to donate to project Linus.  I already finished my April hat for Hats for Sailors so I am good to go.

Linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times.

1 comment:

Lois (AKA Onnie) said...

I am not a knitter, and I'm not even sure I know what pooling means! LOL!! I admire you guys who knit, but I can't stand one more hobby!