Apr 9, 2013

The Wardrobe Project

IMG_1100.jpg by magscrafts
IMG_1100.jpg, a photo by magscrafts on Flickr.
I think the orange mermaidy skirt was the last straw. I wandered into Catherine's, the last store I could shop in person, with a 50% off birthday coupon and a determination to find a dress for my son's graduation.

The dresses were all either sleeveless, sparkly or had odd beaded medallions between the boobs.  The the one skirt they had that day was the aforementioned orange mermaid skirt.

As I drove home totally frustrated, I decided it was time to go back to sewing clothes. I looked for patterns, but the pattern companies don't seem much friendlier to plus size tall women than the ready to wear people are. I started researching pattern drafting, and decided to go for it.

I used my JoAnn's coupon for last week to buy a whole bolt of muslin for fittings, and ordered this book about pattern drafting from Amazon (love Prime free shipping!)

Wish me luck!

No comments: