Aug 8, 2014

On the Needles Friday Aug 8, 2014

Holy crap it's August! Well things got a little crazy this summer, but there really is no excuse.

I just finished my Celaeno shawl, which I started nearly 2 summers ago.  The yarn was bought in Princeton NJ when we took our son there for a football camp. The yarn is Isager Strik Alpaca 2.  It is really soft, and has a bit of a fuzzy haze to it.  I added silver lined purple beads and I really love it.

 This month I started new socks for the OpArt sock knitalong, Alhambra.  I am using 2 colors of knitpicks stroll.  These socks will match a sweater I am planning in similar colors.

Linking up with Patchwork Times for on the needles Friday!

5 comments:

Ramona said...

Your shawl is beautiful. Are you using wires to block your shawl? I have never seen that, but what a great idea!

weaverpat said...

The shawl is lovely!
Are you still working on your wardrobe project or is it finished?

Maggie said...

Good to see you,Pat! I am still working on it, and one big stumbling block I have is the photography to get things up on my blog. I have made a number of skirts, pants and tops and my next projects are more classic looking button blouses instead of the knit tops I have been making.

Maggie said...

Ramona, those are called blocking wires and I got mine from Knitpicks. It has helped me to block my shawls into more normal shapes instead of the wonky shapes I make if I pin each point out myself.

Unknown said...

Booth look great!