Jan 30, 2015

Progress in the Studio

Ok, I have to take a second and laugh at my title, because my "studio" is an easy chair in the living room for knitting and my bedroom for sewing!  Anyway, I tried to keep busy this week and make progress on multiple projects.

I turned the heel and finished the gusset decreases on Deflect.



I noticed that I did not ever blog about my feather and fan scarf.  I bought this skein of laceweight in various shades of blue, green and grey on a sheep farm in southern New Jersey on a road trip with a friend. I have lost the label, and have no earthly idea what this yarn is!   I started the scarf in late November with the intention of knitting on the train on our trip to Florida.  I wanted a small project that would be fairly mindless and not too huge to carry.  This fit the bill.  But progress is slow on a laceweight scarf.  I plan to knit until I run out of yarn, and I think I am about halfway done.

 On the sewing front, I started on my sweatshirt fleece version of the Pearl Jacket by The Sewing Workshop.  And then this happened:

Yes, that is indeed a large number painted onto the back of my jacket.  I have prewashed this fabric and then when I took it out of the dryer I folded it inside out in case I wanted to do any marking.  As a result, I did not see this large mess until I had sewn the shoulder seam and flipped it to press.  I have only tiny scraps left.  The plan at the moment is to draft a yoke for the back and flip that piece so the numbers are on the inside.  Then I will also hem my sleeves to the outside so a little cuff of the inside shows there too.

Linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times for on the needles!

3 comments:

Judy S. said...

Thanks for the link to that great free sock pattern! Love the scarf, too.

Sharon said...

I love the socks and have now downloaded the pattern, thanks to you sharing how it looks.

Dar said...

I like your socks and saved the pattern for when I get more experience. I did however download the scarf pattern. Thanks so much for the link. Your scarf looks pretty.