Yaacov calls for using two skeins of the same striping yarn, and starting them at different points in the color progression. I ordered a couple of skeins for that purpose, but when I cast on using those, it turned out the stripes in that yarn were too short for the pattern. So I decided to try using two different skeins of striping yarn I had together.
Here is the cast on photo:
When I posted this photo before, I said it was a lot like clown barf, but I was ok with that. I think at the time I was thinking it was cute in an "it's so ugly it's cute" kind of way. But the more I knit, the more I started to think it was just ugly. I did finish the first sock, and that made it clear this pair of socks was doomed- too tight! I want to be clear, that I think the pattern is beautiful, and my problems were all operator errors!
I cut the sock and sewed next to the cut to keep the sock from unraveling.
Patchwork Times for on the needles Friday!