Just after Easter, I got a new sewing machine. It is a Brother combination sewing/embroidery machine. Here is the link for it on Amazon.
I really want to try out most of these feet, and hopefully talk about them some on the blog.
The first foot I tried was the quarter inch foot. I am working on a baby quilt, so I really needed a quarter inch seam for piecing. The foot is pictured below:
I sewed a sample, the first row was with the width set at 3.5, which moved the needle over too far and the seam was too narrow. Setting the width to 3.0 worked perfectly!
I feel like the foot made it super easy to get a perfect quarter inch seam. The large area of the foot held the pieces firmly so that there was not any wiggle as I sewed. I sometimes veer a bit to one side or the other, and I did not have this problem. I sewed the entire first set of seams for the baby quilt quickly.
I can't wait to see what else I can do with these feet!