Jul 31, 2015

On the Needles Fri July 31 2016

This week I have been working on my Kleio shawl.  I came very close to leaving off the last braid.  The main reason was because I was afraid I would run out of the variegated yarn before I finished the braid.  Maybe a little part of me just hates knitting the braids.  They look good, but they take forever and are super fussy.  Well, I went ahead and knit it, and finished with just feet of the yarn to spare!


Now I just need to knit the lace edge in the cream color.  I got a little discouraged last night as I started, and the instructions say "repeat rows 3-6 289 times"!  Uh I think I might be here a while.

Linking up with Patchwork Times for On the Needles Friday!

2 comments:

Ramona said...

Wow! That many repeats is a bit daunting, but it is going to be one gorgeous shawl. Your braid looks great!

Dar said...

What I can see of your shawl looks real pretty. What 289 times to repeat something? That must be a mistake, right?? I just had trouble repeating 16 rows six times! lol