I started by opening up all of the ties and pulling out the facings and interfacings. I ironed the ties in batches just before I cut them. I have so far only processed about 50 ties. I will add some more newly processed ties as I move on to more of the pillows. Then I rotary cut some strips of various widths, mostly between 1.5 and 3 inches.
Then I sewed the strips onto the muslin background, which I had cut into 9.75 inch squares.
After covering the foundation with the ties, I trimmed the blocks square and then sewed 4 smaller blocks together. I am really quite happy with these!
Next I need to cover some cording for the edges and sew the pillows together. I am backing these with wool suiting in a dark navy.
Linking up with Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday.