Jan 17, 2018

January UFO and a RTW Redo

I am participating in the 2018 UFO challenge over at Patchwork Times.  As a good friend put it, it is a good idea to finish up neglected but once loved projects!  The project assigned for January turned out to be this quilt.


This quilt was pieced as part of a round robin exchange with 3 of my quilty friends, many moons ago.  It was originally intended for my dining room, but I think now it will go better in my living room.  

Yesterday, I pin basted the layers.  Then I started quilting.  I did all of the straight line quilting/stitch in the ditch stuff that I could do with the walking foot.  I want to do some freemotion quilting in the center square and around those sun ray sort of shapes, and also in the outer border.  I am not sure I have time at home this month to finish all of that.  But I do not want to rush just to finish.



The reason I can't finish is because I am taking a trip to Florida!  My host told me "bring a bathing suit", so I have spent some time working on getting one together.  First, I made the Tidal Wave swim shorts from 5 out of 4 Patterns.  I planned to make a top from another of the 5oo4 pattern site, but my supply order did not come in time. I plan to sew a separate bra out of swim foam into the new top for support.  SInce my order did not arrive, I have neither the time nor the materials to include the appropriate support into the new top. So I cut the top out of an old tankini that does not fit, and added a new skirt to it.






1 comment:

Lynette said...

That was smart, retrofitting the tankini top!