Because I have such issues getting photos, I don't get my sewn items up on this blog. I am going to try to be better about that going forward, but for now I will be blogging about the things I have made in the past.
First, Butterick 5049, which is a Connie Crawford dress pattern. This pattern has a clever feature, which involves an alternative sleeve pattern for larger biceps. I knew for sure I wanted to use this! When you use the alternate sleeve, you also replace the bodice part of the dress so that the armholes will match the sleeve.
I first made this dress in a black/brown printed mystery fabric. I wanted a new dress for my niece's wedding, and hoped this would be a wearable muslin. Hopefully this picture will give you some idea of the print. The fabric was most definitely a polyester of some sort.
my first Pearl Jacket, and I thought it looked great together. I did not get a photo of me in the dress. Even though I had prewashed the fabric, it seems like it gets smaller with each washing. Also, where it is tight in the back, the seams are tearing.
On to the "good" version. I did the broad back adjustment as noted in Fit for Real People. I ordered some wonderful rayon challis from Vogue Fabrics. Once again I did french seams thoughout, and this time I finished the armhole seams with SnugHug. I used some lovely lace trim for the hems on the dress and the sleeves.
I wore this version of the dress on Easter, and I love the fit and I think it will be a great summer dress! ( I won't wear the tights, they were necessary on chilly Easter though! I have a new pair of light brown cute shoes I will wear them with now that the weather is warm.
I have another piece of rayon challis, and I am thinking about using the top part of this dress, but then doing a gathered skirt instead.