Jun 10, 2015

SWAP Pattern Roundup- Scoop Neck Top

Once I solved my shoulder and sleeve issues, I was excited to try a different neckline in the Wild Ginger software.   I decided to go for a scoop neck tee.  I made my first version in some black bamboo knit, which Fabric.com sent me to apologize for the huge numbers painted onto my Pearl Jacket fabric.  This fabric was thinner than I imagined, so I feel like this top needs to be a layering piece.


The scoop neck was a little deeper than I like, and my slip is showing.  It is comfortable though, and I think that I will wear it.

Then I made a version in some teal cotton jersey knit.  I love this one, and I am even going to make a skirt to go with it for the summer.  I made the scoop a bit more shallow, and also made the neck binding a little skinnier.


No comments: